1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Thrilled and grateful.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? I wanted a baby! So – no.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 37
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took two pregnancy tests.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My husband
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No – I wanted to be surprised.
9. DUE DATE? June 7, 2002
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? A little – just queasiness.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Everything.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? my fred flintstone swollen feet in the last month or so.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? Male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No- I didn’t care what gender as long as it was a healthy baby.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? around 40
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes – 3, actually.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? One was a surprise. One I had to be told about because it was the same day as a bridal shower I was planning to go to. And the other one…I think I knew about that one from the start.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not really – just some bleeding that terrified me but nothing was wrong with me or the baby.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? South County Hospital, Wakefield, RI. I was born there, too.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 17
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My husband, my doctor and a couple nurses.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I really wanted to go completely drug free, and I came pretty close. My contractions were in a weird pattern, though – like, BOOM boom boom rest BOOM boom boom rest…they gave me stadol (sp) which, if I remember right, knocked me out for an hour. Other than that, I don’t think there was anything else. No epidural.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 15.5 oz. (he couldn’t just be a simple even 6 pounds, of course.)
. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? June 10, 2002
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Alexander
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 4 – almost 5, actually.
and now for my 7 random facts:
1. I was once hired to drive a limo for an evening. I’d never driven one before.
2. I used to like to eat sandwiches made of peanutbutter, balogna, cheese, and mayo. On white bread.
3. I can quilt by hand and my small stitches were once complimented by a Mennonite woman.
4. In college I was a Design/Tech major in the Theatre dept. for a couple of years.
5. I won a poison prevention poster contest when I was in the first grade.
6. I love to watch "Whose Line is it Anyway?" No other show makes me laugh so hard.
7. I can recite the "Challenge Yahtzee" commercial that Jack Klugman and Tony Randall were in (as the Odd Couple) by heart. And other odd bits and pieces of television from years past.
Rules: Those tagged must list 7 random facts about themselves. They also need to write in their blogs the rules of the game, which are pretty simple–you list your 7 facts, then list 7 people you are tagging. Then you leave them comments letting them know they’ve been tagged.
(frotoe tagged me)