I blame Tracey for this whole invasion of my privacy, but in a nice way, of course.
Okay, ready for trivia and perhaps a touch of whimsy and a smidge of sarcasm? Read on:
1.ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? Just below my left knee. It was a bicycle accident involvoing colliding wire baskets and a newly tarred road. I had 6 stitches! And I watched! (Twelve when it happened, and still twelve now, at least mentally.)
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? Which room? In general, photos and drawings by the kids. And about 3 feet up from the floor, probably plenty of fingerprints. I try not to look down, because if I can’t see them, I don’t have to clean them.
3. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? Yep. 2:40 in the ay-em.
4. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? Fame. The unbridled adoration of millions of total strangers. And tons of cash. Please.
5. WHAT DO YOU MISS? Sometimes? When I’m too lazy to walk across the kitchen? And I throw the egg shells at the garbage can? Sometimes I miss it.
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? Like, as in, what would I grab if the house was burning down and we’d already managed to get the kids and pets outside, what would I run back in for and collapse from smoke inhalation and have to be rescued by a fireman? I have no idea. I’d collapse from smoke inhalation because I’d be standing there trying to decide what my most prized possession might be. And I wouldn’t be able to do it. Because it’s all just things. Yeah, a lot of things have important memories attached to them, but in the grand scheme of things? I don’t prize possessions. ……………….That wasn’t the answer you wanted? Oh. Okay. Well then, most prized possession would beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee……………………. my brain. No, really. I’ve been sitting here trying and trying to come up with a single possession that is most prized, and I can’t. Because if I think of one thing, then I think, well what about that? Do I prize this over that? Or that over this? And then there are collections of things that are precious – like notes and letters my husband wrote to me when we were first together – but they are not one single thing. However, all of these things are triggers for my brain, which releases a whole slideshow of memories…and if I didn’t have that going on in my head, then the possessions would merely be…possessions. Just things. So there’s my long and far-too-thought-out answer to THAT question.
7. HOW TALL ARE YOU? Five feet, five and a half inches.
8. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DAY? Um…I guess if a car almost slams into my car in the day, I’d get scared, but I don’t spend a whole lot of time being scared in the day, so no.
9. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR? That studies will show that too much consumption of real butter on white bread is bad for you. What? They have? Well, damn.
10. WHAT KIND OF HAIR COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? Pretty much any color as long as it’s not also involved in a comb-over.
11. WHAT ABOUT EYE COLOR? Anything other than pink.
12. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Coffee.
13. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Anchovies. No, really.
14. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Anything? Crumpets. I’m all out. If some could magically appear on the counter, I’d be grateful.
15. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? Of all time??? I don’t have one. Of all time? What does that mean, anyway? I haven’t lived long enough for that. For now…I’ll say green. And soft shades of pink. And bright red. And brick red, too. And gray, lots of shades of gray. And off-white. And blue. Dark blues. And very light blues. And black. Oh, and dark brown.
16. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? Eew. That would be a no.
17. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? Well, I received my life a whole bunch of years ago. I’d say that was the first.
18. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? Yes. Jacoby Ellsbury. There. I said it.
19. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Hahahahahahaha. Yeah, right.
20. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU WANT? The one I have. I love my Subaru Outback. I’d wanted one for years, and in 2004 I bought one. Ta-da!
21. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? I’d try not to, hypothetically, but it’s not like you can always control your heart.
22. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? Yes.
23. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Just one? Good lord, I have thousands from which to choose.
24. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? Yes.
25. FIRST JOB? Paper route.
26. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Actually, no. I’m really boring that way.
27. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? Gak. I wouldn’t know.
29. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? Yes.
30. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? My Barbie-like appearance.
31. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? A new lens for my camera. (See Amazon wish list.) Besides that? Oh…world peace.
32. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? Well, I have two. I don’t really want any more, thanks.
33. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes – my two grandmothers.
34. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST TURN OFF WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX? Ignorance.
35. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU MISS ABOUT GRADE SCHOOL? Recess.
36. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? Suave. The flavor varies.
37. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. I have horrible handwriting. Since the third grade. It’s gotten especially worse because I type more than I write now.
38. ANY BAD HABITS? Zillions.
39. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON? On occasion.
40. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don’t know. Depends on what the other me was like.
41. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS? Oh I don’t care. I really don’t.
42. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? I become sarcastic. And I mutter. Both of those could be included in question number 38.
43. WHAT’S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE? To not screw up my children.
44. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? We didn’t have toys. We just had corn husks. And dirt.
45. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? Ten. Those would be "one" through "zero." Check your cell phone – I bet you have the same numbers as I do.
46. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID? Barney was a little kid? Well, I haven’t been a fan of him as an adult, so I’m sure I wouldn’t have liked the little kid version either. Heh. Heh. Sorry – I was a grown up WAAAAAAAAAAAAY before Barney burst onto the scene in all his scary purpleness. I grew up with Oscar the Grouch. Now HE was an interesting guy.
47. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? Or? Can’t you pile one on the other? No? Okay. Mashed potatoes.
48. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? Yes.
49. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM? My room? I have one – my laptop – in the kitchen, which, I suppose, is my room. Our desktop computer is in the office/music room/only room still gated because we don’t want Julia messing with stuff. So actually we have computers in TWO of our rooms! Woo-hoo!
50. PLANS FOR TONIGHT? I hope not.
51. WHAT’S THE FASTEST YOU’VE EVER GONE IN A CAR? I don’t know. Once I make the jump to hyperdrive, it’s hard to keep track, since I’m too busy dodging asteroids.
52. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? My husband and my daughter watching "Empire Strikes Back" downstairs. Julia: "Is that a tauntaun?" Bill "Yes." Julia: "COOL!"
53. LAST THING YOU DRANK? Coffee.
54. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT? Costa Rican. The coffee, I mean.
55. DO YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM OR A HIGH SELF ESTEEM? My self esteem has won many limbo competitions, it’s so low.
56. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? An advance copy of "Meat: A Love Story," by Susan Bourette.
And there you have it! A good long peek into the depths of my soul. Happy now?