Okay, Carrie, of Carrie's Kitchen Creations tagged me several days ago and I'm finally posting it…
The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What was I doing ten years ago? Let's see…working for a moving company in their corporate relocations dept…living with my boyfriend (now husband) in a tiny converted summer cottage (two rooms – the upstairs room and the downstairs room…plus a bathroom, fortunately)…he had a small (16 ft) boat and I think by then he had his non-commercial lobstering license, so every few days he or both of us would go out to check the pots. We fished a lot, too. Dug clams. It was wonderful.
What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Laundry. It never ends.
2. Dishes. (see second sentence in No. 1)
3. Read as many of the TWD posts as I can because I tend to fall hopelessly behind every week.
4. Break up squabbles between my children when they reach the verging-on-violence stage.
5. Make something warm and comforting for dinner because I don't feel great and it's raining.
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Tostitos "scoops" tortilla chips and homemade guacamole.
2. Ritz crackers with a dot of sour cream and a piece of smoked bluefish.
3. Cheese and crackers (just about any kind of cheese and any kind of crackers will do here.)
4. Anything freshly picked from our garden and eaten warm, outside.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Set up college funds for my kids and my sister's kids.
2. Pay off the house, and everything else.
4. Buy some new lenses for my camera.
5. Donate a chunk of money to cancer research.
Places I have lived:
Rhode Island, Maine, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.
Jobs I have had:
paper route, babysitter (only once), busgirl, waitress, book store employee, asst. manager at a B. Dalton in CT. manager of a B. Dalton in MA. Receiving manager at a Barnes & Noble in RI. several temp jobs, pastry cook, relocation coordinator at a moving company…and, of course, MOM.
I'm going to wimp out here and invite anyone who wants to particpate to either copy this list into the comments and answer it there, or go ahead and answer on your own blog and just let me know so I can link to you. (It stresses me out to tag people. I'm wussy that way.)